Nothing says "Spring is here!" like a nice, refreshing, thirst-quenching cocktail. Strawberry cocktails are good any day of the week in my book, so this month I am bringing you a recipe for a cocktail that both men or women would enjoy: Spiked Strawberry Beer Lemonade.
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and chopped
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice (from about 2 large lemons)
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 bottles (12 ounces each) blonde or pale ale
- 6 oz. vodka
- Frozen strawberries, for chilling
- Add the berries, sugar, lemon juice, water, and vodka to a pitcher.
- Stir and let sit for 10 minutes, allowing the sugar to dissolve.
- Add the beer and frozen strawberries (instead of ice) and stir gently to combine.
- Add additional lemon juice or sugar to taste and use leftover strawberries to garnish.
Sounds delicious, right? Drink up!