There's nothing like a good bourbon cocktail during these cold winter months. Similar to an Old-Fashioned, the Bourbon Smash is super easy to make!
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- 8 fresh mint leaves, plus 1 sprig, for garnish
- 3 lemon wedges
- 2 ounces bourbon
- Put the simple syrup, mint leaves and lemon wedges into a cocktail shaker and muddle them until the lemons are broken down.
- Add the bourbon and fill the shaker with ice. Stir vigorously until very cold.
- Fill a rocks glass with ice and use a fine strainer to strain the drink into the glass.
- Garnish the drink with the sprig and serve.