Memorial Day Weekend is the unofficial start of summer! What better way to kick it off than by recreating these tasty, refreshing and easy to make cocktails? Each made with strawberries, these drinks are ideal for the warm weather ahead!
“The Top Cat” Created by Tad Carducci of the Famed Mixologist Duo, The Tipping Bros.
- 2 ounces Averna Amaro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 4 ounces orange soda, chilled
- Lemon slice to garnish
- Place the strawberries in a cocktail shaker and muddle well.
- Add the Averna Amaro and lemon juice to the shaker and then fill with ice.
- Vigorously shake the mixture for 35 seconds and then strain into a cocktail glass filled with fresh crushed ice.
- Top the drink with the orange soda and then garnish with a lemon slice; serve immediately.
“The Garden” Created by Award-Winning Mixologist Junior Merino of The Liquid Chef
- 1 1/2 ouncesG’Vine Floraison Gin
- 1 ounce White Grape Juice
- 1/2 ounce Agave Nectar
- 4 Lime Wedges
- 2 Basil Leaves
- 1 Strawberry
- In a Cocktail Shaker, muddle together Strawberry, Basil Leaves, Lime Wedges and Agave Nectar.
- Fill with ice.
- Add in G’Vine Gin and White Grape Juice.
- Strain into a Cocktail Glass.
- Garnish with 1/2 a Strawberry and a Basil Sprig.
These ‘berry delicious cocktails will be the stars of your Memorial Day weekend gatherings, as well as all summer long. I plan on making them on Memorial Day, so stay tuned for my review!