Did you know September is National Bourbon Heritage Month? Well now you do and can celebrate accordingly by ordering your new favorite whiskey drink at a bar near you, the New Fashioned.
- 2 oz. Trail’s End Bourbon Whiskey
- 1 brown sugar cube
- 2 dashes of Fee Brothers Orange Bitters
- 2 blackberries
- 1 orange wedge
- 1 thyme sprig
- Splash of club soda
- Place the sugar cube in a rocks glass, add bitters and muddle.
- Rotate the glass so the sugar/bitters mixture coats the glass.
- Add ice, Trail’s End and stir until blended.
- Top with a splash of club soda and garnish with orange wedge, fresh blackberries and thyme sprig.
Produced by Hood River Distillers, Trail's End Whiskey is a double-aged bourbon that is aged in Kentucky in new charred white Oak barrels for eight years. Then it's brought to Oregon, where it is steeped with Oregon Oak staves in stainless steel vats for a few months. The bourbon has hints of floral honeysuckle, apricot, spearmint and orange blossom with roasted hazelnut and traces of cereal sweetness and chocolate. Yum. Sounds delicious, doesn't it?
Don't forget to drink responsibly. Cheers!
Note: Trail’s End Bourbon Whiskey was provided to us for review, but as you know, all opinions are absolutely our own.