Halloween is upon us and we have the perfect reason to buy pumpkins other than for decoration, the Pumpkin Spice Cocktail! In addition to pumpkin, this recipe uses one of my favorite cocktail additives - ginger. Not only is ginger good for you (even if it's infused in the vodka, we'll tell ourselves it's healthy anyway), but it kicks the flavor of the cocktail up a notch. Win-win!
- 2 ounces Ginger-Infused Vodka
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce pumpkin puree (store bought or homemade)
- Splash of honey water (equal parts honey and water)
- Slice of fresh ginger for garnish
- Combine the ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake.
- Pour over ice into a Collins glass.
- Garnish with a long slice of ginger.
Simple, delicious and not only is it perfect for Halloween, but all Fall long. And now you've found use for your pumpkins after Halloween is over. Bottoms up!