About the Event
I moved back to Baltimore about a year ago after living in D.C. for 3 years and for the entirety of Will Drink For Travel's existence. I was fortunate enough to have made great blogger friends in D.C. but after moving back home, I realized that I had no blogger community in Baltimore. I wanted to create a way for bloggers in the Baltimore area to meet and connect with each other. And they say when you can't find it, create your own. Enter Baltimore Blogger Bytes.
The sold-out event was held at Forno Baltimore, where we enjoyed delicious bites and cocktails, courtesy of CAMUS Cognac. I was truly humbled as people I've never met purchased tickets to benefit Mikey's Miracle Foundation and to hear Ty Alexander of popular lifestyle blog Gorgeous in Grey discuss her blogging journey. Guests received gift bags and had the opportunity to win one of five giveaways, including a Viking Cruise for two to Cognac, France (courtesy of CAMUS Cognac), a one-hour photo shoot with Carletta G Photography, a CAMUS leather bottle holder and bottle of cognac, as well as gifts from Will Drink For Travel and Gorgeous in Grey.
Through her blog, Ty has become a leading authority in beauty, fashion, and lifestyle related content. She has been featured in media outlets such as Redbook, Real Simple, CNN, O Magazine, Essence and Ebony magazines. In conversation with me, Ty dropped some major blogging gems with the audience in a way only she (hilariously) could, including:
- Blog once per week at the very minimum. You should be blogging up to three times per week, but once at the very least.
- Brand yourself. Let people find you in other ways besides your blog.
- Don't forget the smaller ways in which you can earn money through your blog: affiliate links and impressions.
- Think about your integrity before establishing your rate for certain projects and accepting all money that comes your way.
- Network across. Don't always look to those in positions of power to help you. Network with other bloggers and influencers to create your own opportunities.
- Don't be afraid to help other bloggers. It's not a competition when you're staying in your lane. (That's a word!)
It was a great evening of networking, fellowship and support. Thank you to our event sponsor, CAMUS Cognac, as well as our gift bag and giveaway sponsors: LivSo, Shea Suite, Maju Superfoods, Baltimore Magazine and Carletta G Photography. Hopefully this is the first of many events to cultivate networking and inclusivity in Baltimore's blogger community. Check out more pictures from the event below.
Hopefully I'll see you at the next event!